Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Under my Umbrella

I love sleeping while it rains outside. There's nothing greater than waking up, hearing the rain against your window and realizing that it's Saturday, and you get to snuggle in and snooze for a little while longer.



However, today is not a Saturday. I woke up this morning and it was cold and wet outside. Good for farmers, bad for my high heels. Perfect weather to curl up in bed, awful weather for getting up and going to work, especially if you rely on public transport to get there. But you know me, I will find almost any excuse to go shopping, and rain is the perfect excuse to go out and get a new umbrella!
So I started searching the net for pretty vintage umbrellas and I was amazed at all the lovely varietiess of umbrellas out there. Here are some of my favourite pics of umbrellas and a couple of places where you can get your hands on one.


How pretty is this shot? I can't seem to find out who the owner is, or what the story behind it is, but I just love it.

This shot is from inside of Bella Umbrella's store. They hire out a variety of vintage and other style umbrellas for weddings and other functions. Check out the gallery on their site, the wedding pics with the vintage umbrellas are simply gorgeous.



You can also actually choose from a selection of beautiful umbrellas that are for sale from Bella Umbrella. So don't let the rain get  you down, simply grasp the opportunity to go out and get yourself a fabulous rainy day accessory: umbrella, booties, rain coat.. the possibilities are endless!
I simply couldn't end off this post without a special mention to the ultimate umbrella icon: Mary Poppins. No umbrella will ever match up to hers, maybe in style, but certainly not in functionality. Only in the movies.

And don't even get me started on that bag...



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails