Thursday, August 12, 2010

In the eye of the beholder

Some people simply amaze me. I am absolutely in awe of the sheer magnitude of creativity that certain people posses. I wish I had more of it, but I don't, so for now, I am happy to simply spread the news of their wonderful work to others.

I stumbled upon Martin Horspool's work while flipping through a magazine. Martin, a Welshman, went to Art colleges in Wrexham and Liverpool and currently lives in New Zealand. He travels all around and spends a lot of time searching for and collecting bits of scrap material to make his pieces. Most people would consider old and broken flashlights, door handles and other household appliances useless, but Martin takes these items and turns them into this:





I love this one, especially the detail on the feet. I will never look at the "H" on my tap again without thinking of this little guy

I think this next one is how most women wish they were equipped most days. Love the old sugar tin.


The next one is my favourite of them all. One word: Coffee.


This one is simply adorable. It's just magical how the character takes on a personality. Love the splash of colour and the salt and pepper shakers.

The pics that I have put up here are only a hand full of my favourite ones. Check out loads more original creations by Margin on his website: www.buggyrobot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails