Thursday, August 19, 2010

Maca-ron for it

Every morning on my way to work, I walk past this french pastisserie. It didn't take long before I became a regular customer, great cuppacinpos. And every time I notice,  nestled there among the croissants and brioches, are these colourful ,funny looking biscuit type things. I've never asked what they are, or tried one, but I finally found out what they are. Macarons. If these lovely pictures are anything to go by, I am in big, big trouble.







So basically they are a sweet confectionary made from a mixture similar to that of a meringue, made with egg whites, sugar and almond flour. Thank goodness I'm not allergic to nuts.

These aren't actual macarons, they are soaps! How adorable! Can be found on Etsy.

So tomorrow when I grab my morning coffee, I will be sure to get myself my very first macaron. Oh happy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails