Sunday, July 25, 2010

Seagulls are mental

There are very few things in life that truly scare me or freak me out. I pride myself in my sometimes irrational courage. I figure, it makes for a good picture. There is however one thing that sufficiently rattles my comfy bones. . .

Seagulls.

At first glance, they seem innocent enough, but I’m not fooled. I know that it’s all a show. Sometimes they don’t even bother to put up the furry appearance; they just blatantly expose their evil demeanour to the outside world. I’m telling you, seagulls are mental. There is nothing that I am more certain of.

I truly believe that if there is one animal species that will turn against man kind and try to take over the world, it will indeed not be two animated mice, but actually the world’s population of seagulls.



Upon further research on the subject of evil seagulls, I found the reports of the following incidents involving these vicious birds. Be warned, the following is not for sensitive readers, if such readers exist.
In Argentina, scientists are worried that the resident whales might migrate elsewhere as a result of seagulls pestering them. Pictures and sighting report that the seagulls land on the back of the whales when they come up for air and peck huge chunks out of their bodies. The seagulls mostly target mother and calf pairs. Check out some of the pictures below on this link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8116551.stm



If seagulls aren’t afraid to attack 32ft creatures, then you and I don’t stand a chance.
In other incidents, a Yorkshire terrier beld to death after being pecked in the head by a seagull and an elderly man died of a heart attack after he fell off a wall as result of a seagull swoop attack. No jokes people.

As with everything in life, there is usually an exception, and in this case, I have one very noteworthy exception.
There is one seagull, and only one that I truly believe is not evil, that Seagull is Scuttle, the marvellously funny and innovative seagull in Little Mermaid. I suspect that he might have suffered from ADD though. Nobody’s perfect right?


Oh, there is one more, a seagull named Nelson. Some of you might know this seagull from an old SA anti-pollution protest song written around the same time that Nelson Mandela was residing on Robben Island. Anything named after Madiba, is fine by me. I tried to find the lyrics to this song to find out more about this seagull, but with no success.

So besides for Scuttle and Nelson, which I am almost certain you will never run (fly?) into, because one is an animated bird and the other is a fictional lyric character, I want to urge you to avoid all other seagulls, for your own safety, and for my peace of mind.

1 comment:

  1. Ek kry ook nie die lyrics nie, maar die song is darem op Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBkWVQIR8Cw

    Ek het ook 'n heilige vrees vir seemeeue, nadat ek eendag op Scheveningen se strand vir my haring gekoop het en, net toe ek die haring in my mond wil sit, 'n seemeeu oor my kop vlieg en die haring uit my hand uit gryp..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails