Saturday, September 11, 2010

Out and About

Today I just proved to myself once again that the nicest days are often the ones you don’t plan at all.



I started the morning off with a steaming cappuccino followed by a trip to my favorite 2nd hand book dealer, Elizabeth’s. I finally found a copy of Gabriel García Márquez’s Love in the time of Cholera, a book I’ve wanted to read for ages.

I wandered into a quaint little museum and found the loveliest 60’s dress on display, which made me wonder whether my clothes might ever end up in a museum somewhere a long time from now?















After my blast to the past, I hopped on a train and made my way to the Fremantle Markets, stealing a quick glimpse of the ocean on the way. In the maze of crafts, food and art, I managed to pick out two bags of coffee, crème brulee and a house blend as well as some lovely mud powder from Corrynne’s. Of course I couldn’t resist a sample of some of the yummy food stalls, so I treated myself to a traditional hand made doughnut and some mint-choc chip ice-cream with extra cookie dough, yum!

Undoubteldly one of my favourite shops to visit in Perth is Kakula's. I have been to Kakula's brothers in the City centre and today I visited their sister store in Fremantle. I love the smell of the spices and the look and feel of the place. An absolute treat for any foodie. Here are some of my pics of the Markets and Kakula's.
















All natural made soaps in the markets. It's a miracle that I didn't walk out of there with a year's supply of soap.













A variety of flavoured and roasted coffee beans. Hmmmm.
























I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect day... I headed home with my book, my coffee, my mud and a tummy filled with treats. Sigh, if only every Saturday could be that nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails