Tuesday, February 22, 2011

10 reasons why I hate Cruise Ships

In no particular order

Number One: Sea Sickness. It’s real. It sucks. It can be avoided. Why would I willingly go on a floating piece of metal that is guaranteed to induce vomiting if I can safely stick to the mainland, vomit free.

Number Two: Cruise ships are slow. Too slow. Life is short and flying is quicker.

Number Three: Cruise Ships dump massive amounts of poop in the ocean. Not cool.

Number Four: Cruise Ships are more likely to fall victim to piracy than say for instance my beat up Mitsubish Magna. And FYI I don’t mean the rum induced jovial type Johnny Depp pirates, I mean the modern day terrorist type.

Number Five: Emergency Evacuation Drills. You are NOT on vacation if you are in any way forced to do drills of any kind.

Number Six: One for all and all for one. If one person on the ship catches some tropical stomach virus, everyone on the ship cops it. Delightful.

Number Seven: Eating THAT much buffet food can not be justified. Ever.

Number Eight: Older cruise ships have a massive carbon footprint. How massive? Google it.

Number Nine: World wide there are a total of approx 49 000 airports versus a total of approx 8297 harbours. Why limit yourself?

Number Ten: Titanic. Need I say more?


1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine once said cruise ships were like floating ghettos. He was right.
    The food is awful, entertainment? You could get better from watching paint dry.
    Not wasting my hard earned money on another cruise again

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails